Law requires we ask for your employer and occupation. If you don't have an employer or are retired, put N/A, and if you are self-employed put "self-employed" in employer and describe your occupation.
If your contribution is from a business, please enter the business type below (corporation, LLC, sole proprietor, etc). If your company is an LLC or LLP, please also enter in the responsible officer. The responsible Officer is the individual (or one of the individuals) primarily responsible for the political contribution decisions, whether one of the LLC's members, a project manager or other employee.
Contributions are not tax deductible.
I am not contributing more than $900 for this election. I understand that, for purposes of contribution limits, my personal contributions are aggregated with the contributions of a business in which I own a majority interest, and that contributions from multiple entities also are aggregated when the conditions are such that the entities:
- share the majority of members of their board of directors;
- share three or more, or a majority of, officers;
- are owned or controlled by the same majority shareholder(s);
- are in a parent-subsidiary relationship; or
- one entity finances, maintains, or controls the other entity’s contributions or expenditures. (OMC 3.12.080)
I am not contracting or proposing to contract with the City or OUSD, currently or within the past 180 days, on a contract requiring approval by City Council, and I do not hold any of the following positions with an entity doing so:
- board chair, president, chief executive officer, chief operating officer, chief financial officer, or the functional equivalent of one or more of those positions;
- owner with ownership interest of 20% or more; or employee, independent contractor, or agent of the entity who is authorized to represent the entity before the City or OUSD in regards to the contract (OMC 3.12.140)
Total will show here after an amount has been selected
The Oakland Campaign Reform Act limits campaign contributions by all persons (OMC §3.12.050 and §3.12.060) and prohibits contributions during specified time periods from contractors doing business with the City of Oakland or the Oakland Unified School District (OMC §3.12.140).